Netatmo, creator of the world’s first personal weather station with air quality sensors, has been named CES Innovations 2013 Design and Engineering Award Honoree in three categories: Tech For A Better World, Health & Wellness and Home Appliances.
A company dedicated to designing products that monitor the weather and environment, Netatmo allows users to track indoor and outdoor environmental elements including temperature, air quality, humidity, air pressure and more. Created for iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch, the Urban Weather Station records and wirelessly transmits data to the Netatmo App for viewing.
Currently active in over 50 countries worldwide, Netatmo’s Urban Weather Stations are creating the largest network of personal meteorological sensors ever established.
Netatmo’s Urban Weather Station was selected as an honoree in these three categories by a judging panel of independent industrial designers, engineers and members of the media based on the following criteria:
- Engineering qualities, based on technical specs and materials used
- Aesthetic and design qualities, using photos provided
- The product’s intended use/function and user value
- Why the product deserves the Innovations award, including specifics regarding its unique/novel features and features that consumers would find attractive
- How the design and innovation of this product directly compare to other products in the market place
The triple honoree award winner can be found at Netatmo’s booth, #26809, LVCC South Hall 2, during this year’s International CES, January 8-11, 2013.